 Town / 4051
Re: Brickley Admiralty building - another ISCC entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:00:53 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jason J. Railton writes:
Okay, it's becoming clear that I obviously don't have as much Lego or spare
time as some people.  Nevertheless, here's another last minute ISCC entry:
http://www.1000steine.de/themen/bauwettbewerb/055/055.htm

In lugnet.town, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
Not bad...what you might like to consider is building a bit of a
dock/harbour scene with the admiralty building as a central feature...I
tried to do something similar with my meagre collection as a town entry
[hopefully going up soon]. You can see it at:
http://www.ozbricks.com/brictoria/index.htm

If you see any ideas you like, feel free to use them :)
Alternatively, have you considered placing hinges on one side/seperating it
into 2 sections so you can add/show interior details?
Just a couple of ideas...

I do like that scene.  I think it could do with another boat perhaps.  I
don't let the number of bricks in other people's collections get to me,
though I did buy a few extra bulk packs just for that one.  I like the way
your buildings are small like the official models Lego used to make.

Trouble is with a scene for mine, I'm doing the buildings as features for a
town based around a train layout.  I've wanted to do a dock for a while now,
but I think a modern scene would be just too big.  I like doing these old
buildings, but as they look today rather than trying to model any point in
history.  That gives a lot more variety in things I can build.

I'm planning on buying a 2x2 brick bulk pack, as it'll ease the number of
2x1s needed in my cattle wagon, and it'll let me add blocks set into the
building to base floors on.  There are two problems with the interior though
- around the windows I need 1x1 bricks, which I can't get in sand red (or
enough in tan - the hopper wagon has just four), so I use 2x1s end-on which
stick into the building.  Also, what colour hinges would I use?

I've wanted to do a building that looks great inside and out for a while
now.  I think I'll re-do my windmill first, as that's mostly second-hand
black bricks.  The problem there though is fitting everything inside that I
want to - two motors for a start, which won't leave much room for an interior.

Jason J Railton