 Town / 3959
Re: New MOC: Hotel Ambassador - (ISCC)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 04:38:23 GMT

In lugnet.town, David Kohrman writes:
The hotel follows the practice of the late 19th-early 20th century architects
to design buildings as 'columns' with a base (the white ground floor), the
shaft (the red middle floors), and a capital (the cornice and roof).

Hmm, I think I need read some books about architecture.  I can see what your
talking about, but that hadn't occured to me before.

This style will be even more evident in future office buildings that will join
the Ambassador at this intersection.

I look forward to seeing what you create next.  (Possibly even in person, say
at a MichLUG meeting?)

Normally I don't deck out buildings quite like this.  But I thought it would
be rather cool to have at least one highly detailed building.  Usually most of
my buildings either have no interiors or rather sparse open floors.  It makes
a nice display by itself, but yes when in a large layout most of the details
will not be seen.

The hotel floors are 5 bricks high, the ground floor is 7.  I normally make
floors between 6 or 7 bricks high, and ground floors 8 bricks high.  It
depends on the type of building.  Since I had so many interior walls to deal
with in this case I kept the ceilings low.

How thick is the floor itself?

Thanks for the comments!

David Kohrman
Lugnet #1117