 Town / 3424
Re: Top Secret 2002 releases from Anonymous Source
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 23:42:15 GMT

In lugnet.year.2002, Bradley Dale writes:
FTR, Brad mentioned (at Brickfest) that Castle sets could not be released as
long as Lego has the Harry Potter License, just as Space cannot be released as
long as they have the Star Wars License (and yes, that means no Classic or
Legends).

Why did they stop making Town sets?

If that is true abotu HP and Castle, then that knocks us out of castle and
space and jack stone and juniorization knock us out of Town for some strange
reason, then what's left? I guess there's some reason they can't revive
Pirates and Wild West either, or even the better Adventurer's (which were at
least good for parts, and interesting). Or come up with a good new theme.
I guess my buying will be restricted to bulk, legends/classic and secondary
market.