 Town / 333
    Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail —Gary R. Istok
   Great ideas Erik! Only you've got the wrong Italian city for the Ponte Vecchio. It is actually in Florence. The Ponte Vecchio bridge is very interesting because on top of the bridge are 2 galleries, the lower gallery consists of shops and stores, (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail —Eric Joslin
     (...) side. Err. I think it's a bit far from the Pitti, if memory serves. And I'm not so sure it (presently) connects to the Uffizi. (...) If so, it's not open to the public, or part of the Uffizi Museum. (...) The anecdote I heard was that the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail —Erik Olson
   Thanks, Gary, for the interesting bits about the bridge in Florence. (Got to get my cities straight.) I also looked at Eric J's pictures, neato. I'm going to start a "journal" format web page for this project. The first two pictures are at (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)