 Town / 2829
Re: 1656 any sightings???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 23:45:47 GMT

In lugnet.town, Allan J. Smith writes:
I have just received a MISB copy of set 1656 from a seller in The Netherlands.
Be prepared to pay 70 plus for a great set that never made it to this part of
the world back in 1991.

Grahame

Where are you from Grahame???

Grahame's from New Zealand as I am.
I also have a 1656. I got it MISB from overseas and made it up.
But I can't remember who from, when, if it was a trade or what?

Allan

That's cool, and explains the limited number of sets in that particular
region...but still doesn't explain the striking non-availability of
the set (and also the old bank).
I remember plain as day when I was younger (13 or 14) seeing those sets in
the store at least 15 of each in the little toy store...where are you 1656???

Benjamin Medinets