 Town / 2780
Re: Chateau Paradisa
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:53:53 GMT

In lugnet.build, Brad Hamilton writes:
This is my latest building - A luxury hotel.  It is a mix of Neo-Classical
style and ... Paradisa elements!
http://members.home.net/hmltn1/topia/chat.htm

Here is my updated city, Bricktopia (contains several new shots):
http://members.home.net/hmltn1/topia/topia.htm

   You know, I've always liked your buildings for their innovation
   and style, but I swear they're getting *better*.  I recall the
   earliest ones, each of which had remarkable features, but these
   are much more subtle and thus carry a much better realistic
   "punch." What's truly telling is when you look at the entire
   Bricktopia; a lot of cities look good as individual buildings
   but together it just looks like a cross between Picasso and
   the Jetsons.  But Bricktopia looks "right"!  I'm really most
   impressed by the way it comes together as a *total* composition,
   but that doesn't take away from the individual wow-factor of
   the buildings.  Wow!

   The only thing I *might* suggest is re:the axes and polearms on
   the Hotel Paradisa front stoop--the accoutrements either ought to
   be clipped in tight to the building, to heighten the feeling of
   stone relief, or be much more substantial--they do look like an
   afterthought as is.  Ideally, of course, one would do those
   relief pieces in white--I love the rest of the facade work on
   the building in its white and blue motif--but of course we would
   first have to see the glaive-guisarme-glaive-glaive-halberd-etc
   in white.

   best

   Lindsay