 Town / 2441
Re: new monorail train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 22:27:40 GMT

In lugnet.town, Brad Hamilton writes:
I sure hope that LEGO puts out another monorail set.  I searched for over 2
years to find a reasonable cost version of the airport shuttle and finally
got it through the kindness of a local LEGO guy, Brian Stokes.  I traded him
several parts that he wanted and that got the price of the monorail well
within reason.

It is easily my favorite set at the moment.  Not only is the monorail cool,
but the stations contain several cool architectural pieces.  I wish I had
several copies!

Same here, I like the turning points at each station...forward stop or
reverse.  I think that in itself is noteworthy.  I also like the fact that
it is a super tie-in with the airport and town - you can seperate your
airport from the rest of your town, and have the monorail train allow your
mini-figs to commute to the airport from your town (city).

As far as availability and cost.  I managed to buy won, used, and despite
it missing some minor pieces, not having any instructions (thank heavens
for on-line instructions), and a couple of piece substitutions, I too am
a proud owner of this set. (I paid over $300 for it - it was a bit over-
priced, but even paying that much I am still tremendously proud and each
time I think about the set, and the way it operates, I think I still got
a pretty good deal!!)

Actually, if you want my opinion, I don't think Lego will put out a monorail
set for a while, especially not this year, they have too many other projects
on the go.  Let us all hope that 2002 is a good year for us townies!!!
I liked 2000.  The only sets I didn't care for were the Firefighter's HQ
and the lift truck --> actually I think if the front and cab portions of it
were made to look like other classic town sets (fire sets, that is), I think
the lift truck could be one of the better designed town vehicles....but
alas its town jr.!
I liked the hiway construction set emmensely too.  I liked the causeways
(thats hiway bridges) I liked it so much, I had to get two sets.  That was just
town.  I also liked the soccor sets (a modularized soccor stadium is a great
idea!!!)

Anyways, chat later.....
LEGO (play well!!)