 Town / 2409
Re: new monorail train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 00:47:24 GMT

I sure hope that LEGO puts out another monorail set.  I searched for over 2
years to find a reasonable cost version of the airport shuttle and finally
got it through the kindness of a local LEGO guy, Brian Stokes.  I traded him
several parts that he wanted and that got the price of the monorail well
within reason.

It is easily my favorite set at the moment.  Not only is the monorail cool,
but the stations contain several cool architectural pieces.  I wish I had
several copies!

ben medinets <bmedinets@aol.com> wrote in message
I was reading in a toy magazine I bought today, and found it very
interesting in the constuction section of it (only had about 6 pages, and • only
two had a couple of ads for Lego, the others had some sets from Construct,
Megablocks, etc
One item caught my eye, and that was the Rokenbok Monorail set for $199.
Its been a while since the monorail set has come out, and its hard to
believe that its been a few years since the last airport set has come out
(almost 6 years since Century Skyway was discontinued)
I point out the airport since the original town monorail was a "Flight"
subtheme set in the town line.
I think I'm not alone in hoping for another set like 6399 to come out. • The
only condition I would give it, would have to not resemble any of the
town Junior sets.
The other suggestion is that it could be modularized with a new town line
"downtown buildings" (see my earlier posts - you might have to go back
a bit.....)
what do you think and do you think Lego will ever put out another set as
in demand as 6399 (I know 4588 Metroliner is another sought out set)
but doesn't command the average prices that 6399 gets.
Any other thoughts.....???