 Town / 2428
Re: Hall of Fine Arts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:24:36 GMT

Hi Brian,

Baroque is actually considered an English word.  Here is the history, and
definition:

Etymology: French, from Middle French barroque irregularly shaped (of a
pearl), from Portuguese barroco irregularly shaped pearl
Date: 1765
1 : of, relating to, or having the characteristics of a style of artistic
expression prevalent especially in the 17th century that is marked generally
by use of complex forms, bold ornamentation, and the juxtaposition of
contrasting elements often conveying a sense of drama, movement, and tension

Here is another LDRAW building I did that is also Baroque.  This one is more
Italian rather than Germanic:

http://members.home.net/hmltn1/ldraw/quattro.htm

Brad

Brian Stokes <bstokes@aqueryus.com> wrote in message
Brad,

Sorry about the style question, I should have just looked at the previous
message. Speaking of if style, do you you know what Baroque translates to • in
English? ..... sore neck (from looking up at the architecture).

B.

In lugnet.build, Brad Hamilton writes:
This is a large Baroque building featuring a monorail station and a • theater.
http://members.home.net/hmltn1/topia/hall.htm

Don't miss the detailed interior using the link at the bottom of the • first
page.

Here is an updated, overall shot of my city:
http://members.home.net/hmltn1/topia/topia.htm

LMKWYT