 Town / 2429
Re: Town Building Contest - Possible Issue of Updating Entered Web Pages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:58:18 GMT

Brad Hamilton wrote in message ...
Since this is a fledgling town (only 3-4 buildings), I had previously
entered this particular page
http://members.home.net/hmltn1/topia/topia.htm ) in the town building
contest as a "diarama."

However, I just added another building to it and updated the picture to • stay
in synch.  Unfortunately, this is technically "cheating" as I'm modifying • my
entry after the cutoff date.  I'm sure this will irritate some other folks
who couldn't quite finish thier entries in time.

How do we handle this.  My fledgling town didn't really fit in either the
diarama or the town categories very well and it appears to be far from
winning, so I don't think there will be an issue there.  However, it may
still steal some votes from another entry that was not modified after the
cutoff date.

Well, yeah, I don't think updating pics after the entry cutoff date is fair
to other people. If you really want to keep updating this page between now
and the 28th, then you'll need to withdraw the entry.

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
eBay Lego auctions: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/kevinw1/