 Town / 2379
Re: My unfinished town diorama
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 22:11:28 GMT

In lugnet.town, Christopher Tracey writes:
Eric Kingsley wrote:
In lugnet.town, Christopher Tracey writes:
One of the goals of this project was to create the feel of a small city
or large town.  How does it look so far?

Looks great to me.  I will also be submitting my diorama as being somewhat
unfinished.  I have added another building and got another shippment of 2x2
black tiles today so I should at least finish my parking lot.

Thanks!  I am still in awe of the amount of tiles you used.  If they
made gray tiles I would have considered using them for my sidewalks, but
something has to be said for the look of studs IMO.

Your right in a way about the look of studs but I really wanted a smooth
sidewalk.  Gray may have been better but I have really come to like the black,
it is a good contrast between the Gray of the street.  Anyway I just got
another 1,000 Black tiles today so I think that gets me well over the 3,000
mark total.  I guess that just shows you how much I have come to like the look
of the black tiles, granted they don't photograph great but in real life I
think it looks slick.

Anyway I love the Theatre, it will be competeing for business with mine ;-).
I love much of the rest of you architecture as well, I may even steal a
little of it some day.

If I remember right, seeing your theater in the your original three
building display inspired me to start my own main street.  Most of the
architecture was inspired by buildings I have seen here in NW OH.
There's a department store similar in style to mine in the next town
over.

Same with me.  Real life is what inspired me, although I can't say I tried to
copy any one or two buildings inparticular.  I have spent a lot of time looking
at the Main Street in my town and some of the surrounding towns here just North
of Boston.  So thats where much of my inspiration comes from.  Funny thing is I
still don't have a Fire Station, Police Station (although I am about to start
one), or a construction site...

Thanks to all the lego towns and their creators who have inspired this
ongoing project.

Thats the thing I like best about this contest.  I have really been inspired
by many of the great designs submitted so far.  Just to bad life got in the
way of

well said.

I can't wait till tomorrow to see the final list of entrants.  I will probably
be updating my Diorama Page but I probably just won't have time to submit
individual buildings into their respective catagories.  (Thanks to my son I
have hardly slept in 5 days).

Eric Kingsley