 Town / 2353
2352  |  2354
Subject:
Completion of the World Trade Center tower #1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 04:55:39 GMT

I have finally finished one of the twin towers, and posted about 20 pictures
on my site.

Construction of this first tower took almost a year, begun in April 2000 and
completed in February of 2001. The exterior contains over 12,500 pieces, or
about 500 pieces per floor! (The walls are 3 studs thick and contain mostly
small white 1x1 and 1x2 pieces.) The building is 6 feet 6 inches tall,
including the 1 foot antannae.

http://www.brickapple.com/page.php?page=building&w=wtc

This building is the tallest in my city, 25 stories, and the interior has
been partially filled in with offices. When completed, the model of the Twin
Towers will accompany 5 other buildings and an underground mall.
(Hopefully now with the advent of bulk bricks from LSAH, I can finish the
second tower in somewhat less than a year.) :)

Let me know what you think!  Thanks.

Sean