 Town / 2354
Re: Completion of the World Trade Center tower #1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 08:15:10 GMT

WOW!!
Sean Kenney <sean@seankenney.com> wrote in message
I have finally finished one of the twin towers, and posted about 20 • pictures
on my site.

Construction of this first tower took almost a year, begun in April 2000 • and
completed in February of 2001. The exterior contains over 12,500 pieces, • or
about 500 pieces per floor! (The walls are 3 studs thick and contain • mostly
small white 1x1 and 1x2 pieces.) The building is 6 feet 6 inches tall,
including the 1 foot antannae.

http://www.brickapple.com/page.php?page=building&w=wtc

This building is the tallest in my city, 25 stories, and the interior has
been partially filled in with offices. When completed, the model of the • Twin
Towers will accompany 5 other buildings and an underground mall.
(Hopefully now with the advent of bulk bricks from LSAH, I can finish the
second tower in somewhat less than a year.) :)

Let me know what you think!  Thanks.

Sean