 Town / 2156
Re: no new town sets in 2001??? :-(
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 00:03:01 GMT

In lugnet.town, Benjamin Medinets writes:

You can expect a new Town theme to be part of a summer products release. We
haven't seen all the new sets for 2001 yet.

well, lets hope TLG will be putting out some more sets...I don't really
care for any of the sets they put out for 2001.

I doubt it :-( I think we are going to be stuck with Police and Fire
stations for a while.

.....hopefully the Harry Potter line will bring some additional sets to
add to my town

... and trains...

I'm sure we're due for another police station, hopefully it'll be called
"Suberban Station" a small building type with one vehicle, one helicopter,
and one atv, they alternate between police and fire stations....
...as far as add-ons, hopefully they add SWAT team (it will consist of
a large vehicle (command-type) as well as a gun-ship (a larger, more
armed helicopter), and a small utility vehicle much like the ESU (emergency
service unit) units in the NYPD, and maybe a SWAT team accessory set
(SWAT team Sniper - with a cool sniper rifle, body-armer, etc)
2000 had the hiway construction theme going and the fire station.
Hopefully the 2001 (2002) town line will have besides the SWAT team,
a school house, with a "teacher", safety-patrol, and a couple of
"students".  The school bus, a modified yellow version of the soccer buses
would look good to go with it.  Another neat sub-theme for the line would
be Town mall/shopping center.  Centerpiece: a "large" store.
Add ons: a "small store", a bank, food court/restaurant, different shoppers'
accessory packs, so you could have different stores selling different
items.  Also, this could be used in the "down town" area of a town, and
you could add a "condo" add-on so you could have appartments above the
stores.

You wonder how they could have so many police & fire stations, but only a
few hospitals, all of which are getting fairly old now.  I also think they
should have "detail" kits, possibly with fucets & specialty peices to detail
the interiors of buildings.  The store, mall, and condo ideas are great, i'd
buy a few of each.  I especialy like the SWAT team idea, i think my town
needs a better SWAT team.