 Town / 2148
Re: One Metro Plaza - the Corporate HQ of the Brick Bank
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.build.arch
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 19:27:23 GMT

"Josh Baakko" <shi_web@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I have a question about the window cleaner.  How do you keep it from • tipping
towards or away from the building?  Its seems like having the one cable on
each side wouldn't cancel out tipping problems.  I have a simalar, larger
version, with 2 cables that come down, and co around a large, narrow • technic
wheel.  This creates a look of 4 cables, and it stays fairly level, but • i'm
having troubles, with it tilting long ways, possibly one of the cables is
winding faster.

Well, it just seems to balance!
The cord does actually go through the two holes in the fence piece
underneath.

I have a similar problem of getting to stop titling long ways to.

As each cord winds onto the reel, then their spread across the wheel varies
each time.
It is surprising how much difference this can make in such a short distance

regards
lawrence