 Town / 1387
Re: 2001 sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 13:23:29 GMT

In lugnet.town, Tim writes:
What I'd like to see is that Lego get back to its early Town designs (early to
mid 80's).
Yes, this would be great. I wish they would do this and STOP MAKING JUNIORIZED
MODELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =:O
I will say this: we are collecting the wrong toy for realism.
No, I disagree with this. You can still go out and buy buckets and order packs
from Lego Direct and get what you need to make realistic models-and use the
good, non-juniorized pieces from sets(which ARE few and far between)
Lego is meant for playing, not for realism.
I disagree with this too. You can still play with a realistic model. You can
choose whether to build a quick model for playing, if that's all you want to
do, or you can take the time to build a realistic, functional model.

And what about the Statue of Liberty set(2001), and UCS models? These are
definitely made for display, not play.

Just my 2 cents:)

Tim