 Town / 1357
Re: 2001 sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 14:38:09 GMT

In lugnet.town, Kevin Zwicker writes:
I was just wondering if anyone would like to speculate about what sets or • Town-
related themes we might see next year.

What I'd like to see is that Lego get back to its early Town designs (early to
mid 80's). I've said it here before that the Town sets from lego in the 80's
are what made be become town complete. Now, I just buy the Town sets because I
want to stay Town complete.

Sets like the Cargo Center, Main Street, and some of the Promo sets from
Europe are awesome. They are actually buildings - with walls! Hey,
walls...what a concept! The "stick" buildings in Town today are horrific. No
realism at all. I will say this: we are collecting the wrong toy for realism.
Lego is meant for playing, not for realism.
-Tim