 Town / 1329
Re: Football sets!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2000 02:00:41 GMT

Hi,

I just wanted to know what other people would think about this. I ask
questions like this on Lugnet and that makes me understand the people here
better.

Come to think of it, 1 or 2 football sets wouldn't be bad. I mean, all kinds
of other countries get sets we Americans don't(milk trucks, cruise liners,
kabaya, 1998 Soccer sets) :) Heck, why not football?

Hello everyone!

I have to admit that an added sports theme would be great.  However, detail is
an all important factor.  Mini figs for example!  The soccer figures are
perfect.  They just wear shirts and shorts...no HUGE pads or anything.  Then
you have Football.  The helmets have to have the face mask, wouldn't you
think?  That's how you can keep it apart from any other helmet.  There has to
be those huge pads they wear.  For this, I would suggest colored "torso
armour" like on the castle knights and then those shoulder things that are
used in Pirates.  But then again, it would look like the pads are the only
thing the person is wearing...no shirt over them or anything.  What I'm saying
is that you really can't have regular looking mini figs...then they're just
playing elementary touch football.

Baseball would work
Basketball would work
Tennis would work

Pretty much anything would work if you could only use regular mini figs.

I have to say that I am a bit partial to that Soccer stadium from 1998.  That
two-toned field is probably the neatest feature of it too.  I just recently
bought a Super Sport Coverage to go right on the side.  It's the perfect
addition, especially with that overhead camera.  I definitely recommend
getting one if you have that 1998 Stadium setup.

This is all just my opinion though! :-)

Brendan
Duck360198@aol.com

Visit Clarksdale at http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Palace/5275/