 Town / 1079
Re: Gianluca Morelli's models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 22:11:16 GMT

In lugnet.town, Ralph Hempel writes:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=gm
These are excellent!  I especially like this car:
Any chance of building instructions so I can try to modify it to fit a • minifig?
The detail on the train cars is nice as well.  They look very realistic with
all that corrugation.

The car, for those of you old enough to remember French spy
movies is a Citroen - I forget the model designation.

It's a Ciroen DS, very recognisable with the high-level space-ship turn
signals to the rear edge of the roof.

The Maserati model was called the SM and had 2 doors. These are both quite
collectable now, at least in the UK.

Comments about the trains themselves fully seconded.
Jon

It had turn signals up on the top of the body and adjustable ride height.

It was the ultimate gangster vehicle since it stuck to the road
like glue. Later models included Maserati engines and cornering
headlights...they actually steered with the vehicle!

You've got to hand it to the French, when you ask them to
make cars and boats, they come back with spaceships!!!

(Please don't flame me, this is how engineers complement each other)

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com