 Town / 10102
  Re: TLG wants your input on the CITY line

(...) Maybe more like "Mass Transit"? That could be lumped in with the trains (trains, buses, and a streetcar could use train track, just have some additional plates to place between the tracks to cover the railroad ties.. Additionally, I'd love to (...) (16 years ago, 8-Jul-08, to lugnet.town)

  Re: TLG wants your input on the CITY line

(...) Actually, for the 3d set I was more thinking along the lines of the monorail system lego sold in the early '90's (like the 6399 Airport Shuttle). Something like this takes up less space than a train layout and is different. I know there are (...) (16 years ago, 9-Jul-08, to lugnet.town)

  Re: TLG wants your input on the CITY line

(...) The thing is, with the now somewhat more realistically sized cars, trucks, planes and so on the scale of the old monorail is even more off-scale than the 6wide trains always were. Thus, any kind of monorail would have to be in the range of (...) (16 years ago, 9-Jul-08, to lugnet.town)

  Re: TLG wants your input on the CITY line

(...) I'd agree that kids are less likely to use railways nowadays, but that doesn't mean they have no interest. The thing I think needs to be stressed is that if you ask a group of kids to draw a train, they don't draw diesel haulage locos or (...) (16 years ago, 14-Jul-08, to lugnet.town)