 Technic / Bionicle / 559
Re: Bionicle Trading Card Game URL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2001 17:56:34 GMT

By an odd series of accidents, I was able to play the BIONICLE trading card
game on Sunday.

It was fun - it's very much a board game with collectable aspects.  Each
starter deck is non-random and made for two of the Toas, with one random
mask for each of them.  You use the masks as your pieces on the board.

The board is printed on both sides, and is a basic grid overlaying the
Bionicle world map.  Some spaces do special things.

You basically are trying to collect the six mask cards for your Toa, which
involves winning a series of challenges between your Toa and your
opponent's, and trying to stop him from doing the same.

It seemed interesting, and I'm likely to play it again, and to moderately
pick up boosters when they're available.

-john, humorless toad
jcfiala@cssltd.com