 Technic / Bionicle / 2324
  Re: Neptune's Moon Lagoon

(...) I built it more as absurdist comedic piece, since there are clearly more things wrong about it than there are right. Cartoon physics applies, so the water doesn't boil away, exposed skin isn't desicated (though I did originally plan to have (...) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Neptune's Moon Lagoon

(...) I quite like the water effect these tiles give. For this NBLTC display I just used a single layer of plates of various colours under them: (URL) photograph seems to have picked up the underlying colours a bit too clearly. In reality, you can (...) (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Neptune's Moon Lagoon

(...) As I said, they didn't work out quite how I'd hoped, but it works well enough that the intent is instantly recognizable. And if located on the edge of a display, it can result in a self-replenishing "foam" effect, courtesy of jealous (...) (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Neptune's Moon Lagoon

(...) They've been available from the pick-a-prick selection in Legoland Windsor for a while now. They're fairly good value for filling up a cupful, if you have a use for them. (...) Maybe another layer, although I'm working to a flat base here so I (...) (20 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Neptune's Moon Lagoon

(...) I'm guessing one of the California stores has them as well. Bricksland Free S&H (the store I bought mine from) currently has 7613 of them in stock, and there aren't any sets that come with more than two of them (best value is the SW mini MF). (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space, lugnet.build)

  Re: Neptune's Moon Lagoon

Damn, I typed a big reply and then my browser crashed. (...) Those police tiles get everywhere. Windsor did have the little gems in trans yellow, red, green and purple. They fill up the gaps nicely, and you can mount them along technic beams for (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Neptune's Moon Lagoon

(...) Could be worse. I've gotten so used to posting in forums that I sometimes close the window after only hitting the Preview button. (...) Ah, that would probably explain why someone in Wisconsin had such huge quantities of gems, and all but one (...) (20 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, FTX)