 Technic / Bionicle / 1376
Re: Tohunga question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 01:55:16 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Mark Chan writes:
In the small print under some of the "favorite fries" taglines, McD defines
being the favorite based on "volume served". It's all Marketing trickery
based on three truths. 1) McD serves more fries than anyone else. 2) Other
fries taste better than McD (independent tests show this). 3) McD had to say
something good about their fries because Burger King was hammering them in
the "taste" portion of the fry wars several years back.

   Really?  BK fries are foul.  They were fouler before they got
   all starched up, but they're still a good number of notches
   below Mickey D's fries.  Granted, there are still a LOT of
   sides that are tons better than even McDonald's.

Until the Bionicle giveaway, I haven't had fast food fries in the last 3
years. I wish I can say that they have improved since then, but they haven't....

   Ah.  Well, I paid the $0.99 apiece for 4 Matoros and the blue
   guy (#3).  I really like these little things--lots of cool useful
   parts.  And I've got six Hukis on the way!

   best

   LFB