 Technic / Bionicle / 1340
Re: Tohunga question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:06:19 GMT

Excuse my ignorance, but what other Tohunga's are there besides the 6 from
McDonalds & the extra guy from the CD set? At any rate, this is how I
understand those 7 to match up:
Tohunga Huki -> Toa Pohatu (orange - brown)
Tohunga Onepu -> Toa Onua (purple - black)
Tohunga Matoro -> Toa Kopaka (lt blue - white)
Tohunga Kongu -> Toa Lewa (green - green)
Tohunga Jala -> Toa Tahu (yellow - red)
Tohunga Maku -> Toa Gali (dk blue - blue)
& #7 - Tohunga Hafu -> Neutral/everyone (most likely Pohatu & Onua, as he has
colors from both)

What gets me is that the Tohunga (the villagers) have the same masks as the
Toa, 'Great' Masks but in villager colors, while the Turaga (Leaders/Priests)
have their own set of 'Noble' Masks. BTW - some of those 'Noble' Masks have
some not-so-noble abilities (but that's a different matter/rant).

And why is the Green village/Bionicles in the Jungle considered the 'Village of
Air'?

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Mark Koesel writes:
Are each of the Tohunga intended to "match up" with a Toa
and a Turaga?  If so, which one matches with which?  Some
have obvious color similarities, while others are less
clear.  And if they do match, then what about the extra
Tohunga (six from McDonalds promo, plus one more from the
CD/silver-mask promo set)?

(Sorry if this a FAQ, I admit I do not know much about the
Bionicle Universe, although I do have most of the sets
now).