 Technic / Bionicle / 115
Re: Is Bionicle violence?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 23:53:10 GMT

Makuta followed his brother, Mata Nui from there home. The islanders of Mata
Nui worshiped Mata Nui because he had made the world into a paradise. Makuta
was jealous and tried to get the islanders to worship him by using fear and
pain, but still they refused, so Makuta brings turmoil and monsters to the
island. Also, anyone who ventures to close to Makuta's territory has been
killed. Still think he's not evil?

Sorry, I hadn't read the Bionicle.com story yet. I didn't expect to find
anything beyond the 2001 TECHNIC brochure found in the LEGO boxes.  So now we
have a character that is definately evil- is it okay now?

I still think that evil LEGO was only introduced because TLG wanted to sell
evil, not because it was a nescesary part of an action figure theme.  Bionicle
= more Throwbot parts.