 Technic / 976
  what's the best technic propeller?

I'm kicking around the idea of an RCX controlled blimp, and I'm wondering if an old-style technic 9v motor (the high-rpm one) in combination with one of the technic propellers can really be an efficient propulsion source. Has anyone used one of (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: what's the best technic propeller?

(...) I think I would be very surprised if you could use a propeller to actually power a model (with a motor built in). You could probably use the propeller to blow away small objects, but nothing more. On the other hand, you could probably use (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  RE: what's the best technic propeller?

(...) I'll agree with Fredrik. I've been thinking of uses for my old 9V motors too, and since I do some control line flying, I dug out an old Master Airscrew 6x3 prop. The mounting hole could be drilled or melted out to accomodate a Technic Axle. A (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: what's the best technic propeller?

(...) I have tried all the Technic propellers while I was working on an RCX "flying arm" project, powered by one of the old 9V motors that Ben mentions. In the end, I went to an RC model plane store and bought a 6" dia. two-bladed propeller. The (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: what's the best technic propeller?

(...) arm" (...) So where can we see this project?? --Ben (24 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: what's the best technic propeller?

(...) Well, it was kind of cheap and cheerful so I didn't bother to post it anywhere (although it's still cluttering up my Lego lab). It's a long arm of technic bricks, pivoted on a large Technic turntable. At one end is the RCX, at the other end is (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)