 Technic / 980
RE: what's the best technic propeller?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 18:10:26 GMT

"Ben Jackson" <ben@ben.com> writes:

Has anyone used one of these to actually power a model, or are they
purely decorative?

Then Fredrik wrote:

I think I would be very surprised if you could use a propeller to
actually power a model (with a motor built in).  You could probably
use the propeller to blow away small objects, but nothing more.

I'll agree with Fredrik. I've been thinking of uses for my old
9V motors too, and since I do some control line flying, I dug
out an old Master Airscrew 6x3 prop. The mounting hole could be drilled
or melted out to accomodate a Technic Axle.

A smaller prop for rubber power would do well too. I know it's not
strictly Technic,, but how are you going to hold the heilum in all
of those Technic beams you'll need for te airframe :-)

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

The train stops at the train station,
The bus stops at the bus station,