 Technic / 9692
Re: SuperSteer, Extremely tight steering for technic models.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 19:14:33 GMT

Your setup works very well!

I've tried to build a "super-steering" too, but in my case I was inspired by
the Linde forklifts:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/stepro/forklift-steering/1028_a.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/stepro/forklift-steering/1638f.jpg

So, after playing with pieces for some hour ;-), I came to this: it works
like the typical forklift steering, with that lovely ackermann correction
that makes the forklift move, even if it approaches 90 degrees steer:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/stepro/forklift-steering/image-05.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/stepro/forklift-steering/image-06.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/stepro/forklift-steering/image-07.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/stepro/forklift-steering/image-08.jpg

In fact, the 4-wheel forklift have (usually) front wd - but sometimes
hackermann correction isn't sufficent and the steering wheels slip,
expecially on smooth surfaces.

This setup iis just a work-in-progress, so the forklift won't see the light
until I will have some time to complete it. It's mainly a bit smaller and a
mechanically improved version of this one:

I wait to see your tractor completed :-)

ciao
SteP