 Technic / 9680
  SuperSteer, Extremely tight steering for technic models.

Inspired by the optional SuperSteer axles available for New Holland tractors (URL) how SuperSteer works: The SuperSteer axle is attached to the tractor with a simple, heavy-duty ball-and-socket joint. As the tractor turns, the whole axle pivots. The (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SuperSteer, Extremely tight steering for technic models.

(...) Cool! The front wheel is almost 90 degrees from the body. Will the inner backwheel spin backwards when turning really sharp? (...) Looking forward to it! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SuperSteer, Extremely tight steering for technic models.

(...) Wow! I saw a John Deere tractor about fifteen years ago with the most amazing steering setup, and I'm sure that it must have been system like this. I couldn't understand how it worked back then but I never forgot the angles of the front (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SuperSteer, Extremely tight steering for technic models.

(...) Very neat Gerard! And it looks like it wouldn't be too hard to make the axle tilt too! ROSCO (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SuperSteer, Extremely tight steering for technic models.

Your setup works very well! I've tried to build a "super-steering" too, but in my case I was inspired by the Linde forklifts: (URL) after playing with pieces for some hour ;-), I came to this: it works like the typical forklift steering, with that (...) (21 years ago, 27-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SuperSteer, Extremely tight steering for technic models.

(...) The factory floor at work can vouch for that! Looking forward to seeing this forklift completed. I'm tempted to build one someday since I see them regulary. Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SuperSteer, Extremely tight steering for technic models.

(...) Hope to get it together as soon as possible :-) (...) one (...) That was what pushed me to do it - I'm really hypnotized by those vehicles! And I had sometimes the opportunity to drive them, it's a real fun! :-) So much power and so much (...) (21 years ago, 29-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)