 Technic / 9672
    The Planteray Society's Build a Better Lego Rover Contest ... and the Shape-Shifting Camera TankSCT —Miguel Agullo
   Hi all, I don't know how many of you are aware of the Planetary Society's LEGO® Mars rover contest, but I have a feeling it will interests plenty of builders in these groups. Anyone can have a go, there are three classes and each participant can (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: The Planteray Society's Build a Better Lego Rover Contest ... and the Shape-Shifting Camera TankSCT —Steven Lane
   (...) Interesting use of technic turntables. I've never seen them used like that before. How do you keep the 1x4 plates attached to the tracks when the vehicle is moving? Also, how do you maintain constant track tension when changing shapes? Is it (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: The Planteray Society's Build a Better Lego Rover Contest ... and the Shape-Shifting Camera TankSCT —Miguel Agullo
   Hi Steve, (...) Last night I forgot to upload a couple of pics with the camera end down. Take a look at (URL) have to get better pics on a flat surface. The idea is that by using the turntables as track wheels, when the robot is the lower position, (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: The Planteray Society's Build a Better Lego Rover Contest ... and the Shape-Shifting Camera TankSCT —Steven Lane
   (...) I never did manage to solve that problem either, I still wouldn't glue them though. Steve (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: The Planteray Society's Build a Better Lego Rover Contest ... and the Shape-Shifting Camera TankSCT —Chris Osborn
   (...) Only way I know is to use longer plates and build a "clip" with a 1x1 and 1x2 plate attached underneath. (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)