 Technic / 935
Re: 8440 & 8445 Tire size
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 03:55:43 GMT

Too bad they ain't Z, hehe!

Dam

"David C. Pyatt" <dcpyatt@netzero.net> wrote in message
news:FnruBA.7yv@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.technic, Dave Hylands writes:
Hi Dan,

Yep, they both have "49.6 x 28 VR" imprinted on them. The 49.6 is the
diameter in millimeters, and the 28 is the width in millimeters. I'm not
sure what the VR stands for.

I believe that it is the standard automotive tire designation of a "High
Speed" radial with a rating of 150 MPH/240 KPH.  Therefore a performance
street tire as opposed to an off-road tread such as an S (sand?) or M/S • (mud
or snow)

Dave