 Technic / 653
Re: 8440 & 8445 Tire size
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 18:06:46 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Dave Hylands writes:
Hi Dan,

Yep, they both have "49.6 x 28 VR" imprinted on them. The 49.6 is the
diameter in millimeters, and the 28 is the width in millimeters. I'm not
sure what the VR stands for.

I believe that it is the standard automotive tire designation of a "High
Speed" radial with a rating of 150 MPH/240 KPH.  Therefore a performance
street tire as opposed to an off-road tread such as an S (sand?) or M/S (mud
or snow)

Dave