 Technic / 9279
  Modified 8458-2 Silver Truck

I just had to do it some time, and I felt the time was now :) I've just slightly modified the Silver Truck by first exchange almost all grey parts with black parts. And then add an extra set of wheels. Look at this picture: (URL) a bit long URL... (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Modified 8458-2 Silver Truck

(...) Personally I prefer more realistic Dennis Bosman syle trucks but this effort has merit. (...) Now this bit is right up my street. When wanting to build somthing like this I always like to quantify the requirements of the mechanism. It's (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

"Steven lane" <steveroblane@aol.com> wrote in message news:HAEoK5.2FG@lugnet.com... (...) effort (...) Well, I do offcourse have my own creation built from scratch, but I got stuck with that and are now searching for some ideas. So I thought the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Modified 8458-2 Silver Truck

Since the Silver Truck always looked like a racing truck to me I'd find it strange to see a tandem axle and a trailer. It would be like towing a caravan behind an Impreza WRC.... Anyway, if it's going to be more about functions than realictic looks (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Modified 8458-2 Silver Truck

(...) The connection between trailer and the flat part of the fifth wheel will only rotate around the pin - it is otherwise securely fixed. As Steven pointed out, the fifth wheel itself can tilt forward and back w.r.t the tractor (and can sometimes (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)