 Technic / 8943
Re: Micromotor movements not really stable...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:54:59 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Sonnich Jensen writes:
Hi all!

I haven't used technic for years, but I haev done some things since newyear.
Just feelt like it.

Welcome back :)

I am now playing with a new micromoter (opened it a few days ago) and have
added a small car to it, with very simple gearings - somthing like 1 small
wheel, one large to turn the rotation and finally one small on the actual
axle with driving wheel.

Do you mean the red micro motor:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2986

The point is, that the micromotor does not seem to move stable at all. My
"car" jumps ahead. It is a 6 wide car, with only 2(4) wide inside the beams
for gearing.
Have anyone else noticed this?

All four of my micro motors moves in a steady pace so I think your's is faulty.
Does the geartrain apear smooth if you remove the micro motor and turn it by
hand? Is there some grit on one of the gears?

I suppose you mean it moves in a jerky manner (no pun intended).

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)