 Technic / 8615
Re: Hammer Help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 12:27:49 GMT

winding and unwinding string seems to be to slow if i understand it good
so my idea is here:
use two wheels (pulleys) especiali as big as you can put into your design
they should be with flat surface so it meand they should be from old sets
like: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4266
or bigger: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3739
( http://www.ozbricks.net/clark/WheelHelper.html )

they shold be mounted in this way
one bottom wheel stable to the tank body
and the other one (upper) should have possibility to change distant to
bottom wheel
the distance could be changed in the same way as hammer (releasing spring or
rubber belt)
using http://peeron.com/inv/parts/6539 driven (moved not rotated) by let say
micromotor
(i thing this way of releasing you developed before me)

between pulleys passes the rubber strip which could be pulled by rotating
pulleys
so hammer can be puul over
when the strength is quite good you can release upper pulley

in this design ther is no unroll effect of string!

picture is here
http://republika.pl/pixsrv/lego/images/HammerRelease.jpg

regards
pixel

"Roy Nelson" <rtnelson@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
I need help in designing a motor-driven hammer for my RCX Tank Base Two.
The hammer should be forced down to create a greater impact than that as • if
it were simply dropped.  The hammer should have a length of about 28 studs
from its point of rotation to its head.  Ideally the hammer should have a
range of motion of about 30 degrees to 180 degrees (at 30 degress the • hammer
nicely stores on the robot base, at 180 degrees the hammer has been fully
released).  The working mechanism should fit in an area of 8 by 14 studes • or
6 by 24 studs (this depends on the position of the RCX).  Minimal height • is
desired, 5 to 6 bricks is expected.

In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug writes:
What problems are you having?

In lugnet.technic, Roy Nelson writes:
Hello All,

I'm looking for some mechanical design help.

I am attempting to build a hammer device for my RCX Tank Base Two, kind • of a
'Robot Warriors' thing.  I'm looking for ideas on how to do this, so far • I
have failed at my own attemps.
If you have any ideas how to solve this problem please let me know.

Roy Nelson