 Technic / 8608
  Re: Hammer Help

I need help in designing a motor-driven hammer for my RCX Tank Base Two. The hammer should be forced down to create a greater impact than that as if it were simply dropped. The hammer should have a length of about 28 studs from its point of rotation (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hammer Help

winding and unwinding string seems to be to slow if i understand it good so my idea is here: use two wheels (pulleys) especiali as big as you can put into your design they should be with flat surface so it meand they should be from old sets like: (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hammer Help

Thanks for the response. I've decided to stay away from string on the robot as string can get easily entangled, especially if battling another robot. I took a break from trying a design using gears and differentials - I was getting really (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)