 Technic / 8338
  Manitowoc 888

At this past TEXLUG meeting, I met a guy with an awesome crane. Steve built a great model of a Manitowoc 888 heavy duty crawler crane. There are 6 images of it at this site: (URL) to the bottom of the page and look in the right column of thumbnails. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Manitowoc 888

(...) Hey! That's awesome! Who is he and why is he lurking? :) /Tobbe (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Manitowoc 888

(...) Steve's a young guy and kind of shy, I guess. He has just joined LUGNET, so as soon has his stuff has cleared, I think we'll hear from him. He's been a serious lurker so far, and he's quite familiar with this group and the people who post (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Manitowoc 888

Hi Thomas, Thanks for sharing the pics! Strange boom construction does the crane have. Most times the boom is built of technic bricks. Anyway, never seen such a construction on such a big crane! How often do you have meetings? Do you also go to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Manitowoc 888

(...) It's built of mostly axles and axle connectors of various sorts. I think he wanted to use Technic beams, but didn't have enough. (...) This is only our 3rd big TEXLUG meeting. We've had two this year, so I think we'll try to have regular (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Manitowoc 888

<<snip>> Yay to more delurked Technic folks! (and construction stuff) /Tobbe who's awaiting Steve (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)