 Technic / 8361
Re: Manitowoc 888
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:35:02 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Dennis Bosman writes:
Strange boom construction does the crane have. Most times the boom is built
of technic bricks. Anyway, never seen such a construction on such a big crane!

It's built of mostly axles and axle connectors of various sorts. I think he
wanted to use Technic beams, but didn't have enough.

How often do you have meetings? Do you also go to other events next to
Brickfest? From 19th to 22th October there's a big LEGO event in the
Netherlands (probably the biggest in Europe). But I don't take a visit to
it. I've bin there last year, but it was too commercial. As a model maker
it's not interesting for me to go there. I prefer model shows, like the big
show in Geldermalsen NL (Modelshow Europe). Do you have these in the US??

This is only our 3rd big TEXLUG meeting. We've had two this year, so I think
we'll try to have regular spring and fall meetings.

Steve was quite a surprize. He emailed me right before the last meeting, and
said he wanted to come. No one else in our group builds stuff like he and I do.

I don't know if there are any model shows here like the ones you attend. But
I haven't really looked. The only other thing I've been to is Brickfest.

And what are you building now? Another crane?

I haven't done much building since this summer. A lot of things have been
going on in my life that have prevented me spending quality time with my
bricks. I'm trying though. I have a major project coming up, and I think you
know what I'm talking about ;-) So tell Jan van Wees not to dispair.

Did you have contact with Beat? I haven't heard anything from him since
August I guess.

No, but he did say last time that he might have time to build this fall. We
might hear from him soon

-TJ