 Technic / 8330
Re: Colored gears
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 20:26:28 GMT

These are pre-Technic gears. There are actually two types. One with a round
hole in the middle which were released in the US/Canada by Samsonite, and a
second with an axle hole in the middle that were released in Europe. They
are not directly compatible with modern gears. The line included red
bushings, milky white axles, and 2x4 grey bricks with holes (the bricks are
still in use). The Samsonite gears could also be attached to the old studded
wheels with metal axles.

Here's the explanation on Technica:
Sam gears
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/gear/gear_1.php
Euro gears
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/gear/gear_2.php
Connectors and axles
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/connect/conn_1.php
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/axle/axle_1.php

Hope that helps,
Clark

Visit my Vintage Parts pages, submissions always welcome:

In lugnet.technic, Gaurav Thakur writes:
Does anyone know anything about these gears and/or where they are from?

-Gaurav