 Technic / 8190
Re: 8480 Shuttle not locking rear wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 09:04:20 GMT

No, this is not normal. I think you need to check the instructions again. My
space shuttle worked without problems.
Obviously I didn't need modifications.
I don't know how I'm gonna feel in a few years time, but at 32 I've no
problems being a Lego addict.
Tip: call it building instead of playing, sounds much better....

Duq

"Frederic SIVA" <frederic.siva@wanadoo.be> wrote in message
I recently bought a brand new&sealed 8480 set hidden behind many boxes in • a
shop !
120 EUR = cheap knowing that the set includes many electrical parts • (motor,
micro-motor, 2 polarity switches, 1 battery box).

But, after the complete assembly, I could not get the retractable wheels • to
work nicely: only the front wheel locks perfectly both up and down.  The
rear wheels only move up and down, but do not lock in the down position,
which means that once put on the ground, the weight of the shuttle just
forces the rear wheel to fold.

Questions:
- Is this normal ?
- Did you make any modification to get a proper rear wheels locking ?

Greeting from Belgium,
Frédéric SIVA.

PS: do you also feel guilty to play Technics at 35 years old ?