 Technic / 761
    bevel gear spacing —Ben Jackson
   Has anyone found a good way to use 12t bevel gears (and/or the new 20t double bevel) in geartrains without placing the bevel right against a beam? Whenever I have a bevel at the end of a stack of gears I find I need a 1/4 bushing spacer to make the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: bevel gear spacing —David Paule
   (...) Here's a couple of ideas. 1. Just extend the shafts out into the air so that they intersect in a convenient location, where the gears naturally mesh. Use the busings to support them. This solution fails when the axles become too long and (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)