 Technic / 7554
7553  |  7555
Subject:
Interlocking lever frame (was: Working Signal Box and Signals)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:05:25 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Ross Crawford writes:

And for your next project, some mechanical interlocking on that signal box
would be *really* neat 8?)

What, you mean like this?

I half-wondered if it was possible when I wrote the original post, but when
I saw your reply, I knew I'd have to have a go. It's drawn in MLCAD, but it
works, the locking table has been built and added on to my lever frame. I've
changed the sequence of the levers from the original in

Note my ldraw parts list includes two unofficial parts - the flex connector
and flex cable. Credit and much thanks to the designers of MLCAD and the
parts. Instructions for the locking table are included in the folder above.

I'd need more flex parts to connect everything up and I don't want to modify
the points yet, but the principle works. Trying to work out the locking just
for 4 levers, I'm glad for once I don't have the parts to add any more
points and signals! Clapham Junction anyone?!

Have fun
Stuart