 Technic / 7293
Re: 393 pre-technic parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 01:18:29 GMT

"Steven lane" <steveroblane@aol.com> wrote in message
news:Gu4Eoz.65x@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.technic, Clark Stephens writes:

PS I collect pictures of vintage part variations on my Brickshelf page:
submissions always welcome.

You should add the humble 1x4 plate. It's my favourite part for different
variant's, I'm sure there's at least four, maybe six.

You could look at 24t Technic gears as well. They're also a good source.

Steve

it'sreally a great coincidence that you made this post when you did.  i had
dinner with my mom and she had found all of my childhood Lego pieces.  while
sorting through for usable technic stuff I found the 9 tooth paddle gear
with some chain links (now being worn as a neato bracelet) the 2x4 brick
with technic holes (?) and both of those old turntables on your brick shelf
page.
now i wish that i hadn't used my teeth to pry apart the plates.  but man oh
man, did i find a lot of plates from the space theme and one big full brick
green plate approx. 12 x 30 now there is something i can use for a fixed
robot base.

I know that people were talking about using magnets a while ago but i don't
remember if anyone was able to find a Lego magnet that wasn't bulky- while
going through i found a piece with a removable magnet kinda like the
mounting pieces for the micromotor.

just kinda bragging about my rediscovery of my childhood.

if anyone wants to see a pic of the magnet let me know.

m.