 Robotics / 17655
Re: 393 pre-technic parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:38:19 GMT

"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> writes:
In lugnet.robotics, William R. Ward writes:
Juergen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr> writes:
"Mike Fusion" <mikefusion@hotmail.com> writes:
the 2x4 brick with technic holes (?)

I'd call them axle holes, as they won't hold a pin,
and they are from the pre-technic era.

To my mind, axle holes are + shaped.  Perhaps "axle bearing holes"?

Yes, you're right.

Why not just holes? That's what standard technic bricks call them.

Yes.

Though maybe it needs some indication that it has holes in 3 directions 8?)

Me thinks 2x4 swiss cheese brick is not so bad after all.

One thing I wonder is if anyone used them for bracing before
the technic era.  At that time my mechanical contraptions
had a strong tendency to fall apart, but I didn't get the idea.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/