 Robotics / 17654
RE: Discontinuous motion.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 22:05:53 GMT

Here are some quick pics of the new gears:

http://www.abs-robotics.com/other/newgears.htm

Again, my apologies for the crappy photos... but I think you'll get the idea.

There are some other parts of interest in the Bohrok sets that may be useful...
especially if someone is trying to make circular objects or frames.

While I'm on the "Yes, Bionicles can be useful" subject... The original Bionicle
bodies work great as monster-truck frame pieces.

Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Jed_Anderson@oti.com [mailto:Jed_Anderson@oti.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 4:14 PM
To: Lego Robotics
Subject: RE: Discontinuous motion.

Could you post some pictures of these new gears?

jkca

                      Robert Limbaugh
                      <rlimbaugh@greenfiel         To:
"'sjbaker1@airmail.net'" <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
                      dgroup.com>                  cc:      Lego Robotics
<lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
                                                   Subject: RE: Discontinuous
motion.
                      04/03/2002 03:03 PM

In that case, get one of the new Bionicle Bohrok (the big one's, not the
"Va's") figures.  They have two new gear pieces... one is a 1/4 of a full
gear (hard to explain... but it would effectively be a partial circular
gear
of sorts) and the other new gear piece's are 2 arms with gears on each end
(they look like bones).

These pieces are used to lift the heads up.

I'll goof off with some idea's later...