 Technic / 7086
Re: New Technic MOC: Dornier DO-228
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 20:32:52 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jennifer Clark writes:

"Tobbe Arnesson" <tnt@arnesson.nu> wrote in message

At first I though it was in minifig scale with all those chairs but
nooo... :))

It is impressive indeed, technic aircraft are always a real challenge IMHO.
Was it difficult to avoid the wings sagging at that scale?

To my supprise not so difficult: The wing actually has a 'skeleton'
consisting out of 16 x 1 technic beams in a standard configuration...
ehhh... how to explain this in ASCII....

Beam: [OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO]]OOOOOOOOO]...........
2x 1/3 height plates:       ===                             ========
Beam: [OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO][OOOOOOOOO]........

Put some vertical bars onto it for strenght, and you can make a very long
and very stable bar, onto which the rest of the wing
construction was 'hanged'. By coincidence, the wing thus got a maximum
thickness that still was in the right scale. (no too thick)

I liked the work
in progress photos, that is something I am always loathe to do as I am sure
that if I take a photo of something that is working it will be sure to stop
working :-)

The use of the yellow arches on the main undercarriage is a nice touch.

Jennifer