 Technic / 6746
Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:12:35 GMT

Having followed all the discussion on this topic, I have finally decided to
add my two cents worth.
I have decided that the Technic line has now evolved into a different toy,
and for many of us having being used to the "traditional" Technic, it has
taken some time to accept this evolution.
This thought occurred to me when I bought the 8448 supercar and thought that
the front half of the car looked a lot like a Ford Longreach ute (a common
vehicle here in Australia). I wanted to lengthen the chassis of the 8448 and
put a ute type tray on the back. I tried to do this using "traditional"
studded beams and couldn't get the vehicle to look right. I then
reconsidered, realized that I would have to learn to build using the "new"
Technic pieces and once I spent time experimenting with the various ways the
pieces could go together, all was well.
So, Technic is not being killed off, it has just changed and we have been
given the opportunity to learn to build using the "new" and the "traditional"
type pieces, after all, they are all "Technic".