 Technic / 6632
  Technica 4

Hi: With 2002 being the 25th anniversary of Technic I thought this would be a good time for one last major redesign of my Technica site (well we started in 2001). With so many excellent part and set databases now available online I hope you find a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic) !!

  Re: Technica 4

(...) <snip> One "last" redesign? Does that mean you're not going to put anymore work into your site after this? Your site is excellent. I've always found it useful, despite that there are many other part and set references available. You have great (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technica 4

(...) No, it means no more complete redesigns. small changes should now be much easier since I switched over to php/style sheets for the layout. Still in progress is the element registry, the history and a geometry section. -Jim (22 years ago, 17-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: Technica 4

Any chance that the element registry could be made available as a single file? Having to "File -> Save As" around 40 pages takes a long time as I like to be able to refer to the registry off-line (while inventorying sets for Peeron for example). (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technica 4

(...) Wow, cool! This is very nice. (...) Thank you for the time you've put into Technica -- the extra information is certainly worthwhile, and interesting, and useful. (...) Steve (22 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technica 4

(...) I'm using Technica on an almost daily basis and I find it the best site when it comes to looking up anything Technic! There are only four places I link to from my reviews of my sets, Technica, Lugnet set database, Brickshelf instruction scans (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technica 4

Just one minor comment: The old style differentials had 28 teeth, not 24. This matches the 14 teeth of the old style bevel gears, giving a 1:2 gear ratio. I have to say that this feature is something I miss with the new differential: It is hard to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Getting Crown gear to mesh with new-style dif (Was: Re: Technica 4)

(...) Dirty confession: I did a modification to a couple of 24 teeth crown gears, I removed most of the center axle hole support thus making the crown gear mesh with the new dif. w/o problems. I did this testing some layouts but someday I might use (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technica 4

(...) My latest creation, not yet finished, has only been made possible by using both types. Using the old diff with the new bevel gear is brilliant. I think it was Rosco's suggestion but I wouldn't swear to it. Steve (22 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Getting Crown gear to mesh with new-style dif (Was: Re: Technica 4)

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes: Been tempted to do the same thing myself about twenty times. I've got an articulated dump truck MOC based on some John Deere and LBXco specs that needs a smaller and stronger drive axle-to-differential (...) (22 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.technic)