 Technic / 6629
Re: Good pictures of fortcoming Spybotics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 09:49:35 GMT

"Tobbe Arnesson" <tnt@arnesson.nu> wrote:

http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/mar2002/graphics/lego/QueenBite1.jpg
http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/mar2002/graphics/lego/QueenBite2.jpg

Why is Lego so obsessed with these handheld-hyper-neck-
extension-projectile-shooting-biting-mauling-can-only-be-sold-
in-pairs-thingamabobs?  Methinks they have too many of these
raised-on-video-games types infiltrating the design & marketing
departments...  ;-/

Well, as it is they sell their products mainly to kids and they tend
to like video-games more then LEGO so LEGO has to be as much
video-game as they can to get to them. It seems.

My sisters son for example likes action men and other things like
digimon a lot more then LEGO. I've searched high and low for a new
Technic universal building set as a gift to him but they can't be
found :(

*bangs my head against the wall for being in the dark ages between
1992 and 2000, the Technic golden era seemed to draw it's last healty
breath in 1997 with the 8480 Space shuttle and the likes*

Sighs and goes back to hunting old and used second hand sets...

Yes, me too (my dark ages actually encompassed all of Technic
except for the last year or so of less than stellar offerings...)

Cheers,

Mark

/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/