 Technic / 6361
Re: 4WD + central steering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 11:17:22 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Robin Malton" <robmal@btinternet.com> writes:

[...] pneumatic cylinders (for steering control) [...]

BTW, I think that it is probably fun to build a vehicle with
pneumatically operated steering, and it looks cool.  But for the
precise control required by a steering system, I don't think the
pneumatic cylinders are adequat.  They are great for lifting large
loads "bluntly", but not for precise control.

Yeah, the main problem is the switches - if TLC would make a nice sliding
pnuematic switch (similar to steam engine valve), pnuematic steering (and
lots of other neat stuff) would become much easier.

ROSCO